Sunday, August 27, 2006

Settling in to Winfly




Sunday brunch is one of the best times of the week: homemade waffles, fresh fruit, sweet rolls, real eggs...all to enjoy for 3 liesurely hours in our one day off. My boyfriend, Will has to work a few hours on Sunday, so I read for while, then waited for him at the cozy Coffee House to watch a 4:00 movie. I had tried to go on a walk during the afternoon but my glasses freeze over from my warm breath & I can't see out of them. I'll have to start wearing goggles over them, as I have to have my lower face covered when it's this cold out (up to minus 40F with wind chill!). The pix attached are me & Will standing out in the evening on a particularly cold day.

I have signed up to host a radio show again (I've had a show the past two seasons) with a girlfriend I worked with last year in the Heavy Shop. I'm also thinking of getting a part time job either pinsetting or working at the video counter in the store...there are so many opportunities of stuff to do in one's free time.

I'm also attaching a lovely photo of penguins! We don't see these big guys here in Mactown...just the occasional Adelie model. Don't have too much more to say at this point...just working & training each day, and trying to get enough sleep. My room has warmed up to about 65 degrees so I can sleep in regular pjs instead of my ECW...more later!

2 comments:

Toppatwo said...

You should podcast the radio program! Or do you?

petoonya said...

don't know how to do that! we have really old equipment...