Thursday, February 24, 2011

Visual Journey of the PIG Traverse

This is not a good forklift: one of our 3 traverse tractors

Until I got my 297C I had to load the sleds with this

my trailer coming together - we slept in those red "wagons"

This was the easy part

my sleds and krell tool

our biggest problem day: build a groomer in the field after it fell off the sled

tightening up the straps on my 3K fuel bladders. this is how we fueled our tractors in the field

lots of flat white desert

6 miles an hour for 8 days

parking at night, head into the wind (though there never was any on the trip out)

inside our PIG Polar Haven

after 5 days of storm, racing out to work at PIG camp

spent most of our time in camp digging stuff out. we got BURIED!

the one day where we were not in Con 2

there was a surreal beauty at camp

on the return trip our load was much lighter

Simon switched out with me on the second run. I stayed at Byrd as the Equip. Operator

1 comment:

Philip Pheral said...

I like your big clunky boots.